Tuesday, December 04, 2007

If I Could Go Back

If I had the opportunity I would go back in time and change a few things. I would study harder in school (I failed Auto Shop. Nobody fails Auto Shop.) I would spend more time with my parents, take better care of my health, and so on. However, unless there is a time machine somewhere like the one Rod Taylor used in the movie, "Time Machine", that's not going to happen.

There is an old Chinese proverb that says, "The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is today." This means it's not too late to make some changes. Renew those broken relationships, read and learn new things, take a walk or jump rope to get that heart going, smile more, become a generous tipper, let kids play on your grass, cut down on your "TV" watching and go visit someone. You can plant a whole forest if you just take the time.

'Til next time, in Christian love,

Pastor Gary

No comments: