Saturday, December 08, 2007

As I Sit Here

Hey everyone. Hope everything is well at your house. I'm writing this while listening to some of my favorite music - Christmas. It's just feel good music, and I love to feel good.

I've got a lot of things going on in my mind. For example, church. I've got such a desire for CrossPoint to be a witness and an honest to goodness local church ambassador for Christ. I don't want us to be phony, gossipy(?), unfriendly or any of those kind of things. I'm sure we may have a little bit of that but I don't want us too. The fact is, we are just like everyone else - humans with faults. But we're working on it.
I want to make sure the gospel is taught and lived to the best of our abilities. I want visitors not only to feel welcome but at home. When they leave the service they can say I felt God's presence.

My family - I've got a great family. A wonderful wife who I have been blessed to be married to for 36 years. She is such a godly person that has gone through a lot of trials but has remained faithful to God. My children Marty and Angie who I adore. They love the Lord and serve Him faithfully. My grandchildren Makayla and Caleb. I can't get over them. I get concerned about all of my families needs, their safety, their well-being. Pastor's families are like everyone else's.

My health - I'm in pretty good health but I'm overweight. I'm not as big as a ship but I do come close to a tugboat (230 pounds). That may not seem like a lot to some but it's a lot for me. I've had about 5 pairs of suit pants let out so I can wear them.

My friends - I'm got lots of them and appreciate them so much. I include my church family as my friends. I never want to let them down.

My hair - I'm losing it.

Okay, this blog is getting too long. I'll write more later.

Have a blessed day,

Pastor Gary

No comments: