Monday, October 29, 2007

'Tis the Season

I'm not a big fan of Halloween. As a kid I would get all kinds of candy and loved it. I admit, I like passing out candy to the kids, especially the cute and polite ones. But, the scary, spooky stuff I can do without. Since so many businesses have gotten away from using the name Christmas perhaps we should change the name of Halloween. Maybe to something like "Candy Night" or "Kids Night Out." Get rid of the costumes and the ugly decorations in the yards and celebrate our children. Make it a national "I love kids" night.

On another note, if you like Christmas music like me you probably get an early start to listening to it. Here's an excellent website that lets you pick the music you like. You have to ignore some of the ads on the webpage. It's called www.pandora.com and it's free.

By the way, we had an excellent gospel singing last night at CrossPoint with Courtney Lynn and The Wilson Sisters. Next Sunday night (Nov. 4 at 6pm) we have another singing with Tribute Quartet from Nashville, TN. Hope you can come.

Talk with you soon,

Pastor Gary

No comments: