Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Shooting Day

I am writing this blog from my motel room in Tulsa, OK waiting to depart for the shooting of our church commercials. As I write I think about many things. How my wife is doing (she had a serious head injury a couple of weeks ago), what God is doing through our church, my message for Sunday. My mind is always going 100 mph.

Last night I was reading an article on Adrian Rogerisms, thought-provoking quotes from Glenn Brooke's blog from the late Adrian Rogers, former pastor of Bellevue Baptist Church in Memphis, TN. I want to share a few with you ...

Has it ever occurred to you that nothing occurs to God?

Most people want to serve God, but only in an advisory capacity.

If you have a Bible that's falling apart you'll have a life that's not.

You can save a lot of time waiting on God.

Just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

On gossips: don't let them use your ears for garbage cans.

It's what you sow that multiplies, not what you keep in the barn.

There was a time when you were not. There never will be a time when you will not be.

We live in a day where a hero is a sandwich, life is a magazine, power is a candy bar, joy is a detergent, sin is a perfume, a star is an actress who's been married three times, and the real thing is a soft drink.

On salvation by works: I wouldn't trust the best fifteen minutes I ever lived to get me into heaven.

Have a blessed day,

Pastor Gary

No comments: